On Sun, Feb 2, 2020, 11:13 AM Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jan 2020 19:45:30 -0500
Javier Guerra Giraldez <javier@guerrag.com> wrote:

> the thing that surprised me is the popularity of Lua 5.1   The usual
> answer is because of LuaJIT stagnation, but Lua5.1 bars are
> significantly higher than LuaJIT's so i'm not sure it's the main
> reason.

What is LuaJIT stagnation? Is LuaJIT not effective for versions after
5.1?

It's very nearly unmaintained and hasn't seen any feature development in years. The community is trying to pick it back up but there's disagreements. It's still a good project but its future isn't necessarily stable, which can be a turn-off for some projects.

/s/ Adam