On 29/01/2020 17:15, Paul K wrote:
Another data point: last time I checked wxLua was based on 5.1 only (and
besides, it seems also abandonware, now). It was a nice environment to
do OS and GUI stuff.

wxlua has been under active development for the last 6 months
(https://github.com/pkulchenko/wxlua/graphs/contributors) and I've
made 8 releases during that period with the last one less than a month
ago (https://github.com/pkulchenko/wxlua/blob/master/wxLua/docs/changelog.txt).
It has added several new classes to the API and is up-to-date with the
current wxwidgets master branch. I guess I should do a separate
announcement to the maillist about this.

In terms of the Lua versions, it does support Lua 5.2 and 5.3 (there
were several recent changes for improved integer support) and I expect
it to work with 5.4 as well.

I unfortunately have no access to the wxlua home page
(http://wxlua.sourceforge.net/) and John Labenski hasn't responded to
my questions about making changes to it. I'm not sure who else may
have access.

Paul.

Thanks, good to know!