- Andrew Starks

> On Jan 29, 2020, at 09:36, Lorenzo Donati <lorenzodonatibz@tiscali.it> wrote:
>
> Just one thing about "Identifying the best targets for adoption":
> I think it must be clarified if Lua is still intended to be a general purpose programming language for desktop systems.

It can be, but i don’t expect it to catch on as one. I expect it to catch on by solving some set of problems better than anyone else. In my experience, Lua is the best at interacting with time constrained systems, like games, media, robotics and real-time data processing.

If I could have one suggestion wrt strategy, it would be to find niches in those sorts of markets.

From their, it’s popularity will rise as people discover that the benefits of simplicity and efficiency extend into the language, making it tool that is enjoyable to use.