> And how much is it? I mean, the overhead?

Using benchmarks from the Computer Language Benchmarks Game,
my measured speedup for Lua-AOT varied from 1.33x to 2.5x. That is, if
regular Lua 5.4 ran in 1 second, the Lua-AOT version took between 0.40
and 0.75 seconds.

The caveat is that these numbers are probably going to be different for
other benchmarks, and are also likely to be different on different if
run on a different computer, with another kind of processor.

Additionally, it isn't exactly a measurement of interpreter overhead.
It would be more accurate to describe it as what can be achieved by an
ahead-of-time compiler that only picked the low-hanging fruit.

-- Hugo