On Tue, 28 Jan 2020 at 21:46, Javier Guerra Giraldez <javier@guerrag.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Jan 2020 at 16:43, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
> <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> > Could you please comment on what the results mean. Any surprises? Any
> > points on which to focus attention?
>

> the thing that surprised me is the popularity of Lua 5.1   The usual
> answer is because of LuaJIT stagnation, but Lua5.1 bars are
> significantly higher than LuaJIT's so i'm not sure it's the main
> reason.

Note that LuaJIT's results are split over LuaJIT 2.0 and 2.1.

Given the complexities of people running different Lua versions for
different applications and making different choices when supporting
multiple versions, it's not entirely straightforward to draw
conclusions. That's one of the reasons why I shared the raw response
data, so that people wishing to make more detailed analyses are able
to do so.

> what doesn't surprise is the low score of Lua5.2  I think 5.3 is much
> more attractive.

Yeah, I sort of expected that as well.

-- Hisham