Hi Harald,

Some days ago I came across this:
https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/337940/why-is-usr-include-missing-i-have-xcode-and-command-line-tools-installed-moja

Is it probably related to your issue?

пт, 24 янв. 2020 г. в 20:08, Harald von der Osten <hvdosten@gmail.com>:
Xcode and command line tools are installed, and

"xcode-select —install“  gives me "xcode-select: error: command line tools are already installed, use "Software Update" to install updates

and "softwareupdate --install Xcode" results in:

 "Software Update Tool

Xcode: No such update
No updates are available."

But when I try to install Lua using  "make macosx test the error message „string.h: No such file“

/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/make all SYSCFLAGS="-DLUA_USE_MACOSX" SYSLIBS="-lreadline"
gcc -std=gnu99 -O2 -Wall -Wextra -DLUA_COMPAT_5_2 -DLUA_USE_MACOSX    -c -o lapi.o lapi.c
lapi.c:14:10: schwerwiegender Fehler: string.h: No such file or directory
 #include <string.h>
Kompilierung beendet.
make[1]: *** [lapi.o] Error 1
make: *** [macosx] Error 2

Where can I find the correct string.h file? And into which subdirectory must it be copied?

Thanks a lot.

Harald

--
Med vennlig hilsen,