On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 6:55 PM Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> wrote:

> Ask yourself which language would you use if you weren't an expert
> programmer with a problem at hand that required some serious programming
> that didn't require hiring a professional dev.
> "Hey everyone is talking about Python. Let's try it!"

  I can't answer that as I'm an expert programmer.  And if I'm honest, if I
were a 15 year old kid, I"m not sure I would even have an interest in
programming these days.  Long gone are the days of turning on a computer and
less than a second later (and that's key) typing

        10 PRINT "HELLO SEAN"
        20 GOTO 10

If you were a 15 year old kid, there's a good chance you'd be playing Roblox.

It has 100 million active users, putting in one billion play hours per month.

If you wanted to program it (and it's oriented around this), you would instead do this:

    1) Click Create in the blue bar at the top of the website
    2) In the My Creations tab click Games if it isn't already highlighted
    3) Click Create New Game
    4) Choose the settings and templates for your new creation
    5) Click Create Game

    And, of course, you'd be programming in Lua.

    cheers,
    -Sam.