On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 9:41 AM Chris Smith <space.dandy@icloud.com> wrote:

On 25 Oct 2019, at 06:36, Russell Haley <russ.haley@gmail.com> wrote:

> This really sounds like a job for Lua.

Is it really? Do you have a requirement to use Lua? Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see this work, but are you choosing the right tool for the job, or trying to make the job fit the tool?

There are a few projects out there using MicroPython on STM32 boards which work very well: Pycom, pyboard, etc. Unless you are set on using Lua, this may be a better approach for you.

Chris

Much appreciated, I didn't know this existed. Language is less of a concern, the idea is to allow for generalized scripting on the unit itself. I'll add micropython to the options list... Albeit down at the bottom of the list in tiny tiny tiny font. ;)

Russ