> I think you could achieve the same behaviour easier:
Yes, but only in the specific case of string concatenation; my idea is to have all generic functions with partial argument invocation and space-separated variable parameters.

I used a concat implementation as an example only because Lua allows me to do it with string arguments. I could not use the same syntax if the strings were in variable form.

Il giorno dom 20 ott 2019 alle ore 17:53 Sergey Kovalev <kovserg33@gmail.com> ha scritto:
I think you could achieve the same behaviour easier:

function concat(s)
    return setmetatable({s},{
        __call=function(t,s) table.insert(t,s) return t end,
        __tostring=function(t) return table.concat(t," ") end
    })
end

print( concat "a" "b" "c" )