On Sat, 2019-09-07 at 23:53 +0000, Guenther Kramer wrote:
> I would of expected a traceback, but it turns out that the message
> handler is not called when the exception occurs.
> In our system, we have many different threads so it makes it
> difficult to pin down the object that is causing the garbage
> collection exception.  Am I doing something wrong or is this a
> limitation?
>
> Guenther

I think the problem is that GC handler don't really have any meaningful
traceback. Lua 5.4 use warnings in destructors for exactly this reason
(so your program will not error in strange place).

By the way, there's another one case where xpcall handler is not
triggered: out of memory situation.

--
v <v19930312@gmail.com>