On Thu, 8 Aug 2019 at 09:52, Anton Soldatov <igelhaus@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> tl;dr After several years of in-house development and production
> usage, IPONWEB releases LuaVela, an implementation of Lua 5.1 based on
> LuaJIT 2.0. For now the project supports Linux x86-64 only. The
> license is MIT.
>
> Please check out https://github.com/iponweb/luavela, patches and bug
> reports are welcome.

This is great news!

even if many of us might not use it directly, there's a _ton_ of hard
work there and lots of things to learn from.   the first thing I'd
like to check is how much work and overhead is there from the bigger
TValue struct.  the current 47-bit limit is annoying, and just saying
"this is a design issue, it's not going away" is just not enough.  now
we can compare with a real, tested, alternate implementation.

lots of big thanks to all those involved!