On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 5:46 PM Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
<lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> See also these threads:

I was aware of the never ending discussion about the "Global by
default" policy. The new here was to use the attibute/annotation
syntax to mark the part of the code that you want to "Protect".

Just to be clear: I never had the need of such compile time check.
Strict.lua and accurate tests always worked for me. I mainly wrote the
patch to experiment with the attribute/annotation syntax.

I can summarize it with: If you want to make some change to such lua
behavior, you have not to invent new syntax. You can just mark a block
to behave in the new way.