Ok. Never mind that. I see now that any test* instruction (as well as
choice and call, etc) keep a single instruction space ahead of them.
So p += 2 actually means 'jump to the next instruction'. But am I
correct in assuming that, contrary to the white paper, the test*
functions never consume input?