haha, thx 4 ur nice answer, but thats an another subject. :D
(otherwise there are some good-to-know stuffs in ur answer anyhow! :)
) btw i think its my fault! i didnt know about this usage of the word
"rehash" (even the other is fresh for me), and i even mentioned only
from kinda far the meaning that i asked about, but here u go:

https://www.lua.org/gems/sample.pdf#page=5

so its actually a resize that can be triggered only indirectly (at
least from lua side, i dunno about c side, but i think it can be done
either officially or not), and manual shrinking would be a
nice-to-have for it for some rare cases. :) and the rest is in my
initial msg... :D

but thx anyhow, i appreciated ur answer! :)