Hi

I emailed a question about this to the Kepler project but have heard nothing, so I thought I’d try here.  I have been trying to build luasql drivers for sqlite3, mysql, sqlite and odbc, using luarocks, without success.  I have installed luarocks and have successfully managed to build various other lua modules with it.  But if I try and install any of the luasql modules, I get errors.

I am building in a Visual Studio 2017 environment, in a command shell on Windows 10,  with paths etc, set up correctly, I believe.  I am building for lua5.3.  If I run the command “luarocks53 install lua-sqlite3” I get this error message:

Error: Could not find header file for SQLITE

  No file sqlite3.h in c:/external/include

You may have to install SQLITE in your system and/or pass SQLITE_DIR or SQLITE_INCDIR to the luarocks command.

Example: luarocks install luasql-sqlite3 SQLITE_DIR=/usr/local

This suggests that I need to install SQLITE first.  However, if I run command “luarocks53 install sqlite” it says “Error: no results matching query were found”.  If I run the command “luarocks53 install sqlite3” I get the same error message that I got when I tried to install luasql-sqlite3.

I’ve tried looking on the SQLITE site but can’t work out what I need to download to get the build to work.  Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get the install to work for sqlite3 please?  And also for ODBC and MySql?  I get similar errors for them.

Thanks in advance

Simon