Hello All,

At work, we are selecting a Lua environment to run on our embedded ARM 7 device. We have limited memory and we want to keep the footprint small, hence Lua in the first place. Our requirements include:

* Lua 5.3 preferred because of the need to work with INT64
* TCP-IP Sockets
* HTTP/S, HLS/TLS
* WebSockets
* DNS / mDNS
* REST Plumbing
* Nice async / concurrency behavior
* Integrates well with main loops
* Works on Windows a nice plus
* Capitalist friendly licensing

My current interest is in lua-http with cqueues, but we aren't sure about compatible REST frameworks and which one the cool kids are using. Any recommendations?

Luvit would be a great option, except that it only works with LuaJIT. We're wary of the daunting task of compiling LuaJIT on this platform and we will miss native 64Bit integers. Our team is familiar with Node.js, hence the appeal.

Other lightweight suggestions?

-- Andrew