On 4/12/19, Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> wrote:
> At work, I have a custom Lua interpreter that embeds
> all the Lua modules we need into a single Lua executable.

we did similar and wrote a new interpreter that already
provides our C functions in a global table.

> This includes modules written in C and Lua.

how do you handle the pure Lua code ?
is it directly included as C strings in the binary
(as "premake" does) or is it loaded from files ?

> Then I played around with an idea to load Lua modules directly from a zip
> file [2][3].  What's the path for these?  That of the zip file?  It doesn't
> make sense.

why not ? Tcl has something like this built in and can handle
"file systems" on zip files (and elsewhere).

>  It kind of worked, in that I could load and run Lua modules written
>  in Lua directly from the zip file, but not those written in C.

interesting.