Unfortunatelly not in my platform.

The stack overflow is detected by filling the stack with a known pattern, and then checking whether there are any data written to it. Thus the overflow is detected at a later time, not the moment that it is happening.

Maybe if I had more RAM (like a normal desktop computer), the problem wouldn't appear. But is this the way the GC is working? Does it use any kind of recursion? Or any large stack buffers?

Στις Πέμ, 11 Απρ 2019 στις 3:17 μ.μ., ο/η Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> έγραψε:
> To my surprise the program failed in another way. As the memory usage is
> increased, Lua calls the garbage collector to free up some memory. Each
> time the garbage collector is running, it is using more and more stack,
> leading to stack overflow long before the heap is exhausted. It seems that
> no matter how much I increase the stack size, the garbage collector will
> eat it all very soon.

Don't you have a stack trace?

-- Roberto