On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 11:40 AM Italo Maia <italo.maia@gmail.com> wrote:
> As Lua outgrows its niche, I think benchmarks like those will have more and more weight when deciding to adopt Lua. Even in the embedable and enterprise world, as Scott put it, energy efficiency is a thing.

This is true, but apart from programmer efficiency considerations, Lua
is often used as 'glue' between highly-efficient components. (Classic
Ousterhout system vs scripting). The glue does higher-level logic, and
would hardly be noticeable.

The games people really care about efficiency, and they love Lua....