FWIW: While profiling the startup time of a somewhat big project with a debug hook calling auxgetinfo -> funcinfo a lot, we noticed luaO_chunkid calls strlen on its const char *source argument.
All the places where luaO_chunkid is called in the Lua source, however, have this string length readily (and cheaply) available, either from a TString *, or from a string literal.

We patched it locally, saving almost 100 mln strlen calls on startup.

IMHO the change is small and painless enough - an additional parameter to luaO_chunkID, and a couple of tsslen() macros where it's called - to be considered for a future inclusion. Or am I missing something?