Lua is a small language without a lot of dependencies by design.
The TCP/IP module for your platform can be easily found online.
Not every platform supported by Lua has a concept of file extension. In most cases, you can get it just by splitting filename by dot - the last substring is the extension.

Ilya Shchukin