  Hi,

  You could execute the Lua string:

package.cpath = “c:\\Program Files (x86)\\My App\\?53.dll”

  In C before loading the DLLs.

Best,
Scuri

Em qui, 28 de mar de 2019 às 04:48, Francisco Olarte <folarte@peoplecall.com> escreveu:
Simon:

On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 10:26 PM Simon Orde
<SimonOrde@family-historian.co.uk> wrote:
...> Before I upgraded my application, I previously ran Lua 5.1 using
the same method for setting the LUA_CPATH environment variable.  If I
call str = os.getenv("LUA_CPATH") in a script in that version of my
application, it returns what I was expecting – the path I’d set it to.
So why is it nil now?  Is this a difference in behaviour between
Visual Studio 2010 and 2017?  Can anyone suggest what’s going wrong?
All help much appreciated.

If os.getenv is working, it is in the environ. In the uses of lua we
have we alter package.cpath directly after creating the states ( as we
use multiple states with different setting in each ), and the manual
says..."Lua initializes the C path package.cpath in the same way it
initializes the Lua path package.path, using the environment variable
LUA_CPATH_5_3, ", but it is not clear to me if "Lua" here referes to
the library or the executable, so I went for the "use the source" and
found it int the luaopen_package. I think you may not be loading the
package library ( I do not know if require does it for you, or any
other thing, nor nearly enough data to check, and not familiar enough
with 5.1 to know if this has changed, but you should be ).

Francisco Olarte.