hi

Thanks for the response, I would be happy to use whatever works to download  the page i need. However I have never used lua curl before, so I am unsure  how to get that working.

 Could you point me at some Windows library binaries I would need to try this ?  Also what is the require line needed ? require "curl" or "luacurl" "libcurl".  A quick google search seemed to have a mixture of these

From: lua-l-bounces@lists.lua.org <lua-l-bounces@lists.lua.org> on behalf of Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com>
Sent: 25 March 2019 13:34
To: Lua mailing list
Subject: Re: Problem trying to download a webpage

I suppose this does not answer your question, but ... if you don't
explicitly need SSL, you can get away with curl.

I figured out the 'if' below a year or two ago, and now just
cut-and-paste it every time.

Having loaded lua-curl as "curl", this is all:

logins = {}
session = curl.easy()
if curl.OPT_COOKIEFILE and curl.OPT_COOKIEJAR then
    cookies = os.tmpname()
    session:setopt(curl.OPT_COOKIEFILE,cookies)
    session:setopt(curl.OPT_COOKIEJAR,cookies)
    logins[session] = cookies
  else
    message("Your 'curl' does not support cookies. You will be anonymous.")
  end
session:setopt{url="" href="https://www.attheraces.com/racecards",writefunction=print}:perform(">https://www.attheraces.com/racecards",writefunction=print}:perform()

I see the entire HTML code of the landing page.

To store it in a table, just put something like 'function(str)
table.insert(buffer,str) end' instead of 'print' having done
'buffer={}' first.

Op Ma. 25 Mrt. 2019 om 13:51 het Geoff Smith <spammealot1@live.co.uk> geskryf: