On Fri, Mar 1, 2019, 10:59 AM Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk> wrote:
>>>>> "Abrar" == Abrar Galib <abrarhgalib@gmail.com> writes:

 Abrar> I am running Lua 5.3 on OpenSuse Tumbleweed system. I am trying
 Abrar> to use Lua as a scripting language in the context of HAProxy
 Abrar> webserver. I have Lua installed which, doing `lua -v` at
 Abrar> terminal shows Lua 5.3.4.

That doesn't actually mean that HAProxy is using that version of lua -
it may have embedded a different version. You need to check that
instead.

Also, if HAProxy does indeed embed its own version of Lua, then luasocket would need to be installed for *that* Lua, which is separate and independent from your system Lua (the one you invoke with the "lua" command and which LuaRocks installed to). The embedded Lua might not even have an interactive interpreter or any means of installing additional packages.