>>>>> "Abrar" == Abrar Galib <abrarhgalib@gmail.com> writes:

 Abrar> 1. Added the location of *.so files from /usr/lib64/lua/5.3/ by
 Abrar> defining them as absolute paths in the LUA_PATH environment
 Abrar> variable. I added all *.lua files from /usr/share/lua/5.3/ to
 Abrar> LUA_CPATH. I checked if the current shell has those values
 Abrar> declared by restarting the shell and using echo to print out the
 Abrar> paths. This did not solve the problem.

You have these backwards - LUA_PATH is for *.lua files and LUA_CPATH for
*.so files.

What were your package.path and package.cpath set to _before_ you
started changing things?

--
Andrew.