On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 1:42 PM Chris Smith <space.dandy@icloud.com> wrote:

> I think the best way of doing this is to statically link both the application and the module against the Lua libraries.

As said by the others, there is a way to make this approach work. What you should also consider is the eventual need to use non-pure-Lua libraries. When both the main executable and the dynamic modules link Lua statically, they will have to link those libraries statically, too. Or, if you find a robust way to link Lua statically yet load non-pure-Lua libraries dynamically, I would very much appreciate having a look at your achievement :)

Cheers,
V.