Op Do. 24 Jan. 2019 om 16:32 het Жаботинский Евгений
<evg-zhabotinsky@yandex.ru> geskryf:

> So… I guess it does not make much sense to force use of parentheses for method calls only around "primitive" string literals.

There is nothing string-specific about parentheses around a literal.
We also see it with table literals.

The reason why they are required. is not "forcing" anything for some
capricious, avoidable reason. It is part of the price that we pay for
Lua normally not requiring semicolons. It is a much lower price, IMHO,
than Python's white-space sensitivity,

Every attempt to reduce the need for parentheses introduces a possible
ambiguity, whose resolution might after all require a semicolon.