>>>>> "Roberto" == Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> writes:

 Roberto> If I understood correctly, the problem is accesses to PG
 Roberto> between an error and its proper handling.

 Roberto> Wouldn't be enough some internal flag to disable all
 Roberto> operations? An error would set that flag, and some explicit
 Roberto> operation (done after the pcall, in case of errors) would
 Roberto> reset it?

Yes, it's an option I'm considering. The main downside is that it would
have to be checked in a lot of places, and there are places in the code
(such as in __gc metamethods) where it's not enough just to disable
operations.

--
Andrew.