I agree with Dibyendu that annotations (along the lines of what is
present in Java or perhaps something like Ocaml's ppx annotations)
might be a better way to support language extensibility than a magic
backtick character.

A concern I would have with this is that this novel meaning for
backticks is unlike any other language and could be confusing and
unfamiliar. Additionally, it would also make it harder to grep for
things as there would now be multiple ways to write the same
identifiers.