On December 5, 2018 11:57:25 PM UTC, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:
>Op Do. 6 Des. 2018 om 00:51 het David Favro <lua@meta-dynamic.com>
>geskryf:
>
>Are you an advocate only for +=. or for similar operators for all
>binary operators?

Just +=, as it comes up for me from time to time, although it's not at the top of my list of desired features (numeric pattern captures and a true ternary conditional operator easily edge it out).

But the point of my message was not so much to "advocate" as to point out that the additive assignment operator should not be conflated with the unary increment/decrement as they are often treated as a group.

OTOH, your comment has provoked a little thought journey for me into places like "..=".  But I won't let you drag me into group 3! :-)

-- David