I can pretend that you reconfirm once again what I said, by confirming that your example is hard to find (if we cannot find and evaluate it, then your reply is justifying nothing at all, it just proves that you cannot justify your opposition by verifiable arguments you could have invented only to give a contradiction...)

Yes there are programming languages that use "late binding" (i.e. where bionding is not solved at all imemdiately, allowing multiple names/symbols to coexist and remain unfiltered), but this does not prove that these languages are usable for anything, without finally using a final "linker" that will resolve the references to names using a well defined and predictable order with additional data (or environment) specifying the expected ordering rules.

Le mer. 21 nov. 2018 à 21:10, Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> a écrit :
It was thus said that the Great Philippe Verdy once stated:
> Le mer. 21 nov. 2018 à 20:34, Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> a écrit :
>
> > It was thus said that --------- Philippe Verdy once stated:
> > >
> > > I do not know any example where a well defined priority order is not used
> > > by any "linker" (or programming language, or shell using linking/binding)
> > > for resolving "names", "symbols", or "variables", even in languages that
> > > allow symbolic values (e.g. Lisp, or Prolog).
> >
> >   INRAC.
> >
> >   A computer language with non-deterministic binding (and flow control, but
> > I digress), used for a few commerical programs that I know of.
> >
> I said "I do not know", you replied by giving an example you know but is
> almost confidential, whose applications using it are rare to find.
>
> So you don't disagree what I said, you confirm it!

  You do not speak for me, and I did not "confirm" what you said.

  You also did not do a search, because while I said "used for a few
commerical programs" I said nothing about the difficulty of finding the
programs.

  -spc