Russell Haley <russ.haley@gmail.com> [2018-11-07 22:33:50]:

Hi,

> I tried with and without modifications to the config-5.3.lua file. My
> output is here: https://pastebin.com/Q43REgCX

It seems like that FreeBSD version is shipping with custom unzip[1]
implementation, which doesn't have `-h` commandline option, option which is
being used by LuaRocks to find out if the unzip utility is installed.

> Do you have any suggestions or insight? Let me know if there is something
> more you need from me, or if you'd like this issue reported through github?

Maybe you should try to install unzip from FreeBSD ports, `pkg install unzip` ?

1. https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=unzip&apropos=0&sektion=1&manpath=FreeBSD+11.1-RELEASE&arch=default&format=ascii

-- ynezz