Op Wo., 31 Okt. 2018 om 01:57 het Hisham <h@hisham.hm> geskryf:

> This is a quick announcement that version 3.0.4 of LuaRocks, the Lua
> package manager, has been tagged and uploaded to the usual locations.
> You can find all links at https://luarocks.org — source packages for
> all supported platforms and binaries for Windows and Linux x86-64 are
> available.

This is not criticism, it's just a comment from a Lua user, one that
has never lamented Lua's lack of a Python-like ecosystem.

What I miss most about version 3 is a seamless transition from version
2.2. I understand that 'luarocks install luarocks' cannot work,
building from source has so far also eluded me, but a binary for Linux
x86-64 might be painless, I hoped.

I unzipped it into a directory not in $PATH, and tried

$ /usr/local/src/PACKAGES/luarocks-3.0.4-linux-x86_64/luarocks list

Rocks installed for Lua 5.3
---------------------------
$

I.e. it does not find my 33 existing rocks.

There is a subtle difference (extra whitespace) in where they say the
configution file is.

Luarocks 2.2.1-2 says
System: /usr/local/etc/luarocks/config-5.3.lua (ok)

Luarocks 3.0.4 says:
System  : /usr/local/etc/luarocks/config-5.3.lua (ok)

BTW the "After installation, a default config file called config.lua
will be installed at the directory defined by --sysconfdir." seems not
to apply to luarocks 3.0.4

$ /usr/local/src/PACKAGES/luarocks-3.0.4-linux-x86_64/luarocks --sysconfdir

Error: Invalid argument: unknown flag --sysconfdir. See --help.