Hello,

I'll just throw in my take on how Lua may look 'different' in a text
editor with Unicode font support (what you type and what's stored in
the file is still the same plain ASCII, just the presentation is
different). Not that I'm using it though, I just created it for fun
once.

https://pasteboard.co/HIP1375.png

https://gist.github.com/szakharchenko/a479fb90af72ef0243710278f1a7eac2

You could create some sort of convention, like '__Uxxx_ in a symbol
name should be displayed as the corresponding Unicode char', and have
the editor do the transformation for you. The elisp to do that is left
as an exercise.

Best regards,

--
DoubleF