On 1 Oct 2018, at 19:32, Elias Hogstvedt <eliashogstvedt@gmail.com> wrote:

This is a way of running Lua with one or two mouse clicks on Linux, macOS and Windows. It also supports running properly from the command line. It works by simply downloading the Lua executable with batch or shell from the internet.

I've been using methods similar to this in my own projects for a long time and has proven to be useful in practice. Especially combined with a single line you can run in the terminal to download this one file while it does the rest. I also personally like the idea of having source code all the way.

One small issue I don't know how to solve if the Lua script were to be in a batch file is the first line being "rem =nil BATCH_PROGRAM=[[" followed by "@echo off". This will echo that line when ran from a command line window. Maybe someone figured this out?

Nice, I knew about the Windows trick, but not the Unix one.

Thijs