It was thus said that the Great Dirk Laurie once stated:

> Look, the notation "a<b" to mean a non-boolean is so counterintuitive, why
> not use just say "a|b" which can return whatever? Or have you used up all
> the binary operators already?

  I wrote a language in college were you could overload operators and have
them return anything.  Including "<" and ">".  Because of that, I was able
to implement a Unix shell rather easily.  Unix commands were first class
objects and they overrode "<" amd ">" to allow redirection of stdin and
stdout.

  So in that context, it's not at all counterintuitive.  It's just what you
are used to.

  -spc (Never thought of the horror that could happen if you tried to sort
	an array of Unix commands ... )