On Wed, 12 Sep 2018 at 08:29, Dirk Laurie <dirk.laurie@gmail.com> wrote:

> Op Wo., 1 Aug. 2018 om 00:16 het Dibyendu Majumdar
> <mobile@majumdar.org.uk> geskryf:
> >
> > Are there features in Lua that could be removed to create a simpler language?
>
> We've had a lot of fun playing that game, let's get serious. Let's do it.

It's easy actually because isn't Lua 5.1 still the most widely used
version? So for a start one could remove all features added since 5.1.

I personally don't use some features, such as coroutines, '...',
repeat until, etc. I also don't use inheritance.

But my real interest is in getting rid of details that cause issues
when generating efficient code.