On Wed, Sep 12, 2018, 10:19 AM Hugo Musso Gualandi <hgualandi@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
I think this might be simply because they used an yahoo email address.

This is correct.

Apparently, yahoo servers don't send the proper email headers for mailing list posts so they get marked as spam. This has been a recurring problem here on lua-l.

This is not correct.

As I think I've said a few times, the issue is that several years ago, Yahoo published a DMARC reject policy, which requires all compliant mail servers to reject (or mark as spam) any email that contains a Yahoo address in the From line but which did not originate from Yahoo's own servers. This intentional action by Yahoo broke all mailing lists because mailing lists receive the incoming copy from the Yahoo user and then resend it from their own servers, causing DMARC verification to fail.

Yahoo's recommended solution IIRC is for lists to change the From header to the list's own address, which violates the email standard that the From line should never contain any name or address other than that of the person that authored the message. I think there are a few partial workarounds that the mailing list administrators can apply, but none are ideal. The least of the evils IMO is to simply ban Yahoo addresses from 5
posting to the list.

You can get more information by Googling "yahoo dmarc reject policy mailing list".