On 10 Sep 2018, at 03:23, pslmsngr <pslmsngr4lua@gmail.com> wrote:

Created a GitHub page to show how I built 5.3.5 version of lua source code using Visual Studio Express 2017 for Windows Desktop.

Basically, you download the solution, extract lua-5.3.5.tar.gz into the directory, open the lua-5.3.5.sln solution with Visual Studio Express 2017 for Windows Desktop and compile.

Hope I did it right; appears to work.

I did get several warnings.  Is this normal?

No. I don’t recall having seen these when using LuaWinMake [1]. Maybe try LuaWinMake from your VS command shell and see what warnings it delivers as a comparison?

Thijs