... me the user <me.theuser@yahoo.com> ...

GMail rightly sent this to Spam, and the only reason I see it now is
because a list member I normally respect has chosen to reply.

This amount of anonymity is going too far. We've had several list
posters who use pseudonyms with unreplyable e-mail addresses, and I am
fine with that — one gets to know the list personality like a
character in a book — but when messages from different people would
all look as if sent by the same Midwich Cuckoo, I opt out.