>>>>> "Bruce" == Bruce Hill <bruce@bruce-hill.com> writes:

 Bruce> While working on a project, I encountered what I think is a bug
 Bruce> in Lua 5.4-work2's generational garbage collection as it
 Bruce> interacts with LPEG.

A while back (July?) I posted an analysis of a bug in work2's
generational GC that applied to all uses of the uservalue slots of
userdata objects. I haven't checked that this is the same bug, but I'd
bet that it is; the issue is easily triggered with the 're' module of
LPEG.

Roberto is aware of it, so I guess we can hope for it to be fixed in
work3 or whatever the next release is.

--
Andrew.