Op So., 9 Sep. 2018 om 01:50 het szbnwer@gmail.com <szbnwer@gmail.com> geskryf:
> > The fexibility and experience of people using Lua in
> >   the next decades will show us how it helps to evolve
> >   from computing to informatics.
> > IMHO, as Lua is defined today as a language,
> >   it is not offered as a support for informatics.
> > It is fixed in the languages picture.
>
> i think it is only more specialized, but its tools are very flexible
> and it have everything for all the needs i can imagine, it just
> requires more groundwork to make it similar to the standard abilities
> of st, and this is what im working on ..... i mean "with" :D just i
> can still see room for shifting the experience to higher states while
> this self modifying stuff is just an aspect, and any standalone tool
> can be used in the classical meaning of an application just as well,
> and just like st. :)
> thx again, sorry if my stuff became a bit messy, and i hope that the
> lua folks dont hate us cuz our long off-topic, personally i think its
> fine here as they can possibly find some goodies around for
> themselves, and its even related to lua just as well :D (btw anyone
> feel free to redirect us if we are too far from the coast! :) )

Well, as my first quote demonstrates, part of it is on-topic :-)

Discussions like this, where two people find common ground and
discourse in depth on a specialized topic in an informed and civil
way, are always welcome on a mailing list, even when few others can
still contribute usefully.

The book "Masterminds of Programming", consisting of interviews with
designers of programming languages edited by Federico Biancuzzi and
Shane Warden (O'Reilly 2009), which I bought for the sake of its Lua
chapter :-), also has a chapter on Objective-C in which Smalltalk
features prominently.

-- Dirk