Hi
The simple answer is that you have to track down each and every function and then do the appropriate thing to disable/remove it.
Removing the code also is the only method that guarantees that the code can not be invoked via some unforeseen path.

Doing things like playing with the environment at runtime (eg “print=function () return end” or somesuch) certainly work and may be easier than modifying the base lua interpreter and libraries — on the other hand, some environments/project requirements/etc might only accept the  absolute certainty that comes from physically removing the problematic code.