On 02-Sep-18 13:14, Egor Skriptunoff wrote:
The conclusions from this story:
1) Typos are hard-to-find bugs.

True. A couple of weeks ago I spent half an hour trying to understand why a C function I was testing did not work as expected.
It turned out I accidentally assigned a value to the wrong local variable.

2) IMO, Lua have to somehow solve the problem of absence of warnings about misspelled identifiers.

I heard a mysterious sect performs dark rituals involving a little-known, exoteric technique revealed only to a few selected believers. It's called "testing".

Seriously, having used my share of static and non-static languages over many years, I didn't notice much difference in the frequence of this sort of problems. But, again, I may be part of the above-mentioned sect.

--
  Enrico