On 30-Aug-18 05:17, Daurnimator wrote:
Hi Roberto,

A feature request that would make some code simpler and faster:
It would be great if string.gmatch took a position argument that was used as the starting offset.
This would line up with string.match and string.find.
Looking at the implementation in lstrlib.c it should be very simple to add.

Yes, it could be very useful when parsing large strings. I missed this feature when I wrote a tiny gstring.match-based XML parser some time ago.

--
  Enrico