In message <20180821155900.GA13210@arraial.inf.puc-rio.br>
          Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:

> It is a pity that, after two years out of Europe, this Lua workshop
> has so few "old-time lunatics" from Europe in its participants list.
> We will all miss a great opportunity to meet face to face :-(

As a paid up old-time lunatic from Europe I second these remarks.
Pay no heed to the chorus of "brekekekexit koax koax" from the frogs
that you may hear in the press. I attended the Venlo meeting -
very agreeable. But age, alas, makes travel harder. Also, the dark
cloud of stupidity, that the solar system is presently travelling
through, has brought about failure of Vodafone's information systems
at Gatwick airport. Check-in queues now require hours of waiting,
as the border officials are under-manned, and the heavens are
expected by most people in these Isles to fall to earth.

On a brighter note, it looks as if Kaunas will escape the cataclysm.
In any case, may you have an enjoyable and fruitful workshop.

--
Gavin Wraith (gavin@wra1th.plus.com)
Home page: http://www.wra1th.plus.com/