On Tue, Jul 31, 2018 at 6:16 PM, Dibyendu Majumdar
<mobile@majumdar.org.uk> wrote:
> Are there features in Lua that could be removed to create a simpler language?

Thought experiment level 1:

-- Remove all special metamethods keys ("__add" and friends, including
__len),  excluding __index, __newindex and __gc

Thought experiment level 2:

-- Remove metatables

i.e. less "object-oriented" things. Going more with plain functions,
tables of functions and closures.

Remember, this is NOT my wish list for a future Lua! :-)  and I don't
know how much simpler it would make the language implementation