Definitely 'ipairs' and the metamethod on 'pairs'. The former is usually better done using numeric 'for' and can be trivially implemented in Lua if wanted. The latter can be done by replacing 'pairs' or by writing another iterator with a name reflecting what it does.

Generally I'd remove everything from the standard libraries that does not justify implementation in 'C' either because it cannot be done in Lua or because serious performance gains can be had. Then I'd have standard Lua implementations for the rest.