It was thus said that the Great dyngeccetor8 once stated:
> On 08/01/2018 01:16 AM, Dibyendu Majumdar wrote:
> > Are there features in Lua that could be removed to create a simpler language?
>
> There are also features and functions which I use rarely:
>
> * coroutines (never used yet but planning in next ten years),

  I use them all the time.  They make network programming *much* nicer when
you don't have to deal with callback hell.

> * metatables (not wish to use (except when have to)),

  They are indispensable when using userdata from C.

> * integers and C-like bit operands (kool, but not crucial),

  64-bit ints, I like.  The C-like bit operators are nice, but string.pack()
and string.unpack() were godsends and removed the need for a lot of C code.

> * string.reverse() (anyone used it?)

  I can see a use for it, but it's a very special case, and if it was gone,
I probably wouldn't miss it.

  Something I don't use much are Lua patterns---I much prefer LPeg for that
type of thing.

  -spc