Dear lua developers and users
I recently decided to embed Lua into a C Application. The requirements are:
- minimal dependencies
- Linux and later windows (mingw) and OSX
For my application to work I need to set environment variables. Therefore I have written a simple Lua C extensions to do so: https://pastebin.com/NsNMHkUu
Now if I run the program, the following is happening:
1. in the os_setenv() C function, I can successfully read back the previously set env
2. when I try to read it back in Lua, i get garbage data as if I would have messed up with a pointer
3. when I try to use my C function os_getenv() from the extension, I get NULL as a result.
Here is the output of the program:
-- bash output
wunderlins@wus-desktop5:~/Projects/protohand-lua/src$ make test
./protohand2.lua "mach://gedit?f=~/.profile¶m1=value+1¶m%202=value2&user=wus" "example.ini"
env (0): PH_HOME=/home/wunderlins/Projects/protohand-lua/src/, /home/wunderlins/Projects/protohand-lua/src/
nil unable to get environment variable 'PH_HOME'
-- end bash output
The first 2 lines of output come fro mthe C extension. 1st line from os_setenv, 2nd line from os_getenv (in my extension) and the rest is from the Lua script.
What is the mistake I am making? Any help is greatly appreciated.
- Debian 8, x64
- gcc 4.9
- Lua 5.3.5 (compiled from source with default options and custom --prefix=)